JUST SOME DANGERS YOU MAY FACE IF BOOKING ACTS DIRECT (not via an Agency)
- 1. ACT BECOMES ILL OR HAS A PERSONAL EMERGENCY – You’re left with no entertainment.
- 2. ACT HAS AN ACCIDENT ON THE WAY TO THE GIG – You have no back up entertainment.
- 3. ACT IS OFFERED A BETTER PAYING OR HIGHER PROFILE GIG – You are dropped for the better gig.
- 4. ACT’S EQUIPMENT BREAKS DOWN - You’re left with no entertainment.
- 5. ACT ARRIVES, SEES A FULL HOUSE AND DECIDES HE WANTS MORE MONEY THAN WHAT WAS AGREED - You either succumb to the blackmail or he refuses to perform.
- 6. ACT MAKES A MISTAKE AND DOUBLE BOOKS HIMSELF - You have a 50/50 chance of ending up with no act.
- 7. ACT COMPLETELY FORGETS YOUR BOOKING AND DOESNT TURN UP FOR THE GIG - You’re left with a full room and no performer.
- 8. ACT CHARGES YOU TOP DOLLAR BECAUSE IT’S A ONE -OFF JOB TO HIM – When he comes via an Agency he can’t afford to play games.
- 9. ACT GETS TIMES OR ADDRESS DETAILS WRONG – He either turns up late or not at all.
- 10. ACT IS OFFERED A RESIDENCY AFTER HE HAS ACCEPTED YOUR GIG AND IT FALLS ON ONE OF THOSE DATES - He won’t risk losing his residency and will not do your job.
- 11. ACT CHANGES HIS PERFORMANCE STYLE OR PLAYLIST - You booked him because you liked what he did but now end up with something you and your guests don’t want or like.
- 12. ACT IS NOT PLEASANT OR REFUSES TO ABIDE BY YOUR DIRECTIONS - You have no one to turn to.
- 13. ACT KNOWS THAT THIS IS A ONE-OFF GIG AND HE DOES NOT NEED TO KEEP A HIGH PROFILE SO -
- * He comes poorly dressed.
* He abuses your hospitality, eating and drinking at his leisure.
* He takes long breaks.
* He forgets or totally ignores your requests and performs his own show without concern for you or your guests.
* He arrives with a friend or friends who get drunk and cause problems.
* He demands payment before performing and then, once he has the money, does whatever he pleases.
The end result is that you now have
The Entertainer from Hell !
The cheapest entertainment can turn into the worst nightmare when you decide to book direct, so think smart and….
ALWAYS BOOK THROUGH AN AGENCY !